JSDC COVID-19 Policy
16 Mar 2020
To our valued clients and business partners,
As this situation continues to evolve, our top priority remains the health and welfare of our clients, our employees, their families, and our community.
JSDC has been working to anticipate how this crisis will affect the way we conduct business and to make necessary adjustments. We have identified primary information resources to help shape our response in the areas of health, travel, and the workplace. We’ve expanded our remote-access network to enable employees to remain productive if they need or choose to work from home. And we’ve heard from many of you about your own plans for dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
As part of our official response plan, JSDC has taken the following steps to reduce COVID-19 risk to employees and clients:
- Directed employees to reliable sources (the CDC, PHAC, and WHO) for guidance on hygiene, travel, and social distancing
- Limited business travel to essential engagements
- Asked staff to talk with clients prior to visiting their facilities or project sites
- Required those with potential exposure to quarantine themselves until the threat has passed
- Limited face-to-face office meetings and providing the means for employees to work remotely
As of today, we have experienced minimal impact within our workplace. Some of our employees are working remotely, and we are well equipped to accommodate remote access for our staff. Although the global crisis will cause disruption and delays, we will continue to implement our crisis response plan to help us provide you with the excellent service you've come to expect from us. We encourage you to talk with the JSDC about specific schedule expectations.
We appreciate your trust in us and will strive to collaborate with you as best we can in these challenging times.