It's Official - E15 Year-Round!
7 Jun 2019
• On May 31, 2019, EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler signed a final rule providing Reid vapor
pressure (RVP) relief for E15. EPA released its final rule just before the June 1st kick-off of the summer
driving season, so retailers nationwide can offer E15 as an option to their customers year-round.
• E15 is a clean, safe, and low-cost fuel which can be used in more than 90 percent of the cars on the
road today (EPA has approved the use of E15 in all vehicles made in model year 2001 and after).
• Record growth and investment in retail infrastructure continues to increase E15 availability at about
1,800 retail locations in 31 states and counting.
• Estimates project E15 consumption in 2019 could reach 700 to 800 million gallons, and long-term
this rule could open the door to nearly 7 billion gallons of new ethanol demand.
• The sale of E15 year-round enables retailers to sell the fuel if they wish, gives consumers the option
to buy the low-cost fuel, reduces refiner RIN costs, and opens market access for surplus corn.
Continue to the full article...