In Jamestown, North Dakota, the opportunity for quality education exists no matter your age. From preschool to post-secondary studies, Jamestown can fulfill your educational itch. Jamestown's educational standards rank consistently higher than the national average in testing at all levels. Jamestown's schools are accredited with commendation. And if the ivy-league feel of vine-covered brick buildings and students walking to class under a canopy of tree fulfills your college dream, then Jamestown College is the correct place for you to advance your academic preparation. No matter your educational need, Jamestown can fill it.
JAMESTOWN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Jamestown Public Schools serves 2,300 PreK-12 students. The district is comprised of five elementary schools grades K-5, a middle school grades 6-8, and a high school grades 9-12. Buffalo Valley Special Education Unit provides special needs services and the James Valley Career Technology Center vocational and adult education courses.
The patrons of Stutsman County are proud of the new $21,000,000 high school that was completed in January 2004 and the recent remodeling of the middle school. The community is a strong supporter of quality education in Jamestown with quality administration, master teachers, and a student body embracing academic rigor.
- Jamestown Public Schools
- Gackle Streeter Public School
- Kensal Public Schools
- Medina Public Schools
- Montpelier Public Schools
- Pingree-Buchanan Public Schools
- Anne Carlsen Center for Children The Anne Carlsen Center for Children offers a rich tradition of residential, therapeutic and educational services on one campus. Our individualized services include care for children and young adults with cerebral palsy; orthopedic, vision and hearing impairments; autism, pervasive and other behavior disorders; and many other medical challenges.
- 7th Day Adventist School The school can be reached by calling (701) 252-5409.
- St. John’s Academy The school can be reached by calling (701) 252-3397.
- University of Jamestown Individualize your major! Formerly Jamestown College, the University of Jamestown is located on a 110-acre campus in the middle of beautiful Jamestown, North Dakota. The University of Jamestown is a four-year college with an enrollment of 1200 students. The University offers several Bachelor degrees and is the state's Liberal Art's college. If your academic goals are not served by a traditional major, you may design your own major spanning several academic departments. Examples include: psychobiology, recreation management, human development, social science, public relations, and health and wellness.
- UND—Energy and Environmental Research Center EERC Technology - Putting research into practice.
- NDSCS College Outreach Division NDSCS College Outreach Division provides opportunites for personal development and enrichment, technical upgrading, and professional growth
- NDSU—Rural Leadership North Dakota RLND Mission is to prepare and develop effective leaders to strengthen rural communities.
MORE HIGHER EDUCATION INFORMATION
- Online Colleges in North Dakota A guide to School and State Data.
- Financial Aid Guide A Financial Aid guide for Online Students.
- Online College Costs A Breakdown of Online College Costs
- James River Valley Library System Includes the Alfred Dickey Branch and the Stutsman County Branch.