Jamestown workers are among the most productive and dependable in the nation. Dedication to hard work blended with our history of plain-spoken honesty creates a general attitude of respect for employment and property. This attitude proves itself time and again with statistics like consistently low employee absenteeism, low employee turnover, and almost non-existent work stoppage rates.
According to the employers surveyed in 2010 Labor Availability, the working age population of Jamestown is well-educated and are loyal to their employers.
Potential job seekers (PJS) in the Jamestown community are readily available to meet the needs of area's businesses.
POTENTIAL JOB SEEKERS QUICK FACTS
- 67% have education/training beyond high school
- 23% have obtained an undergraduate degree
- 6% have a post-graduate/professional degree
Demographics and Employment Experience
- Median age is 41 years old
- Population of 31,696 age 18 or older
- Average 7 years of management experience
- 38% willing to commute 31 miles one way or further
- 3,523 people in the workforce are willing to change employment for the right opportunity
- 28% currently work shifts
- 49% have received jobs skills training in the past 3 years
- On-the-job-training preferred by 44% of PJSs
Potential Job Seekers Educational Attainment
- 29% or 2,366 PJSs have a college or advanced degree
- 8% or 653 PJSs have at least one technical college degree