The Jamestown Stutsman Development Corporation (JSDC) seeks to employ a highly-efficient, multi-tasking office coordinator capable of supporting the needs of the JSDC and its ongoing projects. One to two years' experience in office setting required. Proficiency in use of all Microsoft Office programs is essential. Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Professional personal appearance, pleasant phone manners, and ability to deal positively and constructively with callers, customers, visitors, and employees.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents information effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Compose correspondence/reports for own or CEO's signature
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Process replies on own initiative or from CEO's dictation or notes
- Research, draft or abstract reports
- Handle all inquiries within OC's capacity
- Arrange "callbacks" to protect CEO's time
- Provide back-up materials for callbacks
- Route calls elsewhere as needed
- Do phone surveys/inquiries as needed
- Prepare agenda in advance
- Arrange meeting facilities
- Arrange amenities as needed
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes
- Assure discreet handling of all business
- Screen to control interruptions
- Provide back-up data as needed
- Arrange amenities as needed
- Improve/tighten storage/retrieval systems
- Update and manage index
- Set up "tickler" system
- Set up "exception reporting" system to handle routines without supervision
- Routinely re-order department supplies
- Update mail/phone directories
- Handle administrative detail, all projects
- Seek greater role in projects within administrative and other areas of competence
- Seek training on projects outside OC's range
- All other duties as may be assigned by JSDC CEO
This position includes health, retirement and vacation benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JSDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Complaints of discrimination should be sent to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Washington D.C.